The following were the factors for a well-designed and effectively implemented youth engagement project:
- The project design with a theory of change that was shared and assimilated by the implementation team and the implementing partners.
- The strategy used to enter new communities, which was pragmatic, culturally sensitive, and politically neutral.
- The choice of implementing partners (they were from within the communities, credible, and well-known at the local level).
- The partnership strategy, which was based on empowering implementing partners and building their capacity.
- The adequate approach for positive youth engagement (recognition, accountability, and exploring their potential).
- The quality of the training programme and the diversity of learning formats.
- Well thought-out communication.